Monday, September 7, 2009

Weekend Haul

I made a few purchases over the weekend, a few things I've already tested around the house and some - like the OPI nail polishes - I cannot wait to try out!
First, they had a sale on John Frieda hair products and so I picked up three things. I usually air dry my hair, using a few products to enhance the natural wave. Sometimes I'll take the diffuser to it, on a low setting, to give it that extra body. From John Frieda's Frizz-Ease line we have the Take Charge Curl Boosting Mouse and the Dream Curls Curl Perfector. As well as something new from John Friend, the Root Awakening Detangling Spray. I tried all three of these yesterday, just air dried, and it definitely gave me a different wave, more defined. I'm going to continue using these and make sure I really like them.


So word on the street is that berry or bold colored lips will be prominent this fall. I love my pinks and nude colored lipsticks but I wanted to venture out and try something different. I love how the red, berry, and plum shades look on some of the ladies. It's defintely making a statement. I tried Smashbox's doubletake lip color in currant from their Reign collection. It has a lip liner on one end and a creamy lip color on the other end. I absolutely love it! The color is a sexy, vampy, deep red, a burgundy shade. Amazing. It makes for a good classy look. It definitely makes me look more grown up, too! I took some pictures while I had this on my lips, but the lighting and my camera just does not do it justice. I'll get a decent picture, however, and do a more in-depth review later on.


I also got four eye shadows MAC. L-R Shroom, Vex, Plumage, and Sumptuous Olive.


with flash

without flash
I also got Benefit's silk finish lipstick in jing-a-ling.



Also from Benefit, something that I've been wanting to get for a while, is their boxed blushes in CORALista. I don't particularly enjoy blushes with chunky sparkles and this does not appear to have that, thankfully. While swatching a few of Benefit's blushes in the store, the others I found had more of a sparkle to them. Not a fan. CORALista has a nice sheen, very fine glitter, leaving a fresh glow.

And finally some nail polishes! I'm a bit of a nail polish junkie lately, you could say. L-R MAC's cool reserve, OPI's Pink Flamenco, Manicurists of Seville, and Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow. I will more than likely be doing a more in-depth review on any of these colors later on.



That's it, That's all! Until next time,
M

No comments:

ShareThis