Sunday, September 13, 2009

Skin Care Regimen



This would be my skin care regimen! And all the exact products that I like to use, which might be quite a bit of stuff in some opinions and others may actually use more stuff than I do. Regardless, below are some products I like to use on either a daily basis or only use on occasion. And they're (mostly!) all drugstore finds!

Just an important note: I would say my skin type is rather normal but it can get dry. This is why I looove moisturizers and must have it at all times. Fortunately, I do not break out often at all. I can get a blemish once in a while, but I do what I can to prevent that.
So here's what I use, if you have any questions or comments, let me know and I'll reply asap. Enjoy!
Makeup Removers
MAC Wipes

Swipes away makeup, smudges, dirt and grime, pronto! Oversized, luxurious, super-saturated with special M·A·C cleanser infused with protective vitamin E. Hydrates and nourishes highly efficiently. Extremely refreshing. Totally addictive. Slickly packed, re-sealable, ready to go!
These bad boys not only do the trick to remove my face makeup, but they are also so refreshing, moisturizing, and smell wonderful! Once I'm finished with my 100 sheets packet I may try something similar but less expensive, like the Kirkland wipes from Costco. The only thing that MAC wipes can't do is take off mascara (which I think everyone who uses MAC is already aware of this). But this is a-okay. That is why we use this next product !
ALMAY Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

Soothing liquid remover in a convenient pad form, infused with a botanical blend of aloe, cucumber and green tea to nourish lashes and delicate skin. These moisturizing pads sweep away all traces of any kind of makeup in one easy step without irritation. Great for waterproof mascara!
It simply does what it promises: it removes eye makeup. And it does not break me out. What more could you ask for from an eye make up remover!? I use the moisturizing formal, but they also have an oil-free version.  Then, I wash it all off with a cleanser.
Facial Cleansers
Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash with Witch Hazel

Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash for combination/oily skin with witch hazel deep cleans your skin to thoroughly remove dirt, oil and makeup. The creamy lather rinses clean without overdrying your skin.
I use this one at night after I've taken off my makeup. I have already re-purchased this one several times. You only need a dime-size amount to achieve for a nice, rich lather. It really works at clearing away any left over traces of makeup, especially mascara. I was using this face wash to remove all my makeup before I was using the wipes.
Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Wash (Oil-free)

Experience the ultimate deep clean! This cream cleanser removes dirt, oil and makeup while working deep down to your pores. And it´s gentle enough to use every day. Its oil-free formula won´t clog your pores -and it leaves a cool tingle after each wash. Your skin is left feeling refreshed and tingly clean.
I use this wash 2-3 mornings a week (and other mornings I use the daily scrub just below). I do not have oily skin but sometimes I like to use an anti-acne wash to kill any bacteria and unclog pores that could resulted in zits. Luckily, I do not have acne-prone skins, but I do get the occasional zit. That's usually from a change in eating habits or too much pop (my only soda weakness is root bear).
Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It 

A simple solution for large pores and clogging!
Helps minimize the look of large pores.
Special fruit-acid formula.
Pore purifying clay mask built in! Just leave a thin layer on skin for 3 minutes and rinse.
Apply a pea-sized dollop of Scrub Your Nose In It to a damp T-zone. Massage gently in circular motion, then rinse well and follow with a moisturizer.
I'll use this one most mornings. It has a very fine, sand-like scrub which is good for every day usage. The smell is a fresh minty scent. I also like using this in mornings to deep clean, draw out impurities, and unclog pores. I will also take advantage of the mask and let it set for 3-5 minutes.
Facial Moisturizers
Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid

MOISTURIZES:
Penetrates quickly and gently to soothe dryness, a major symptom of sensitive skin. Gives both instant and sustained moisturization leaving dry skin less sensitive.
CONDITIONS GENTLY:
Exceptionally mild - fragrance and color-free - to help prevent irritation. Leaves skin softer, smoother and more supple.
RESTORES:
Works like the essential fluids abundant in young skin to help restore skin to its natural beauty while helping to strengthen the skin's moisture protective barrier.
  • 100% Fragrance and Color-Free
  • Light, Non-Greasy Formula
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Non-Comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Aloe
  • Chamomile
I think they changed the name not too long ago. I believe it was just called "Classic Moisturizer" or something along those lines. But I like the new name a lot better, "Beauty Fluid". I'm not sure why I got the sensitive one as oppose to the original. I've repurchased the sensitive moisturizer a couple times, but once I'm finished the bottle I have now, I'll try the original.


Garnier Fresh 24 hr Hydrating Day Cream

Perfect for normal to combination skin, Garnier Fresh 24 hr Hydrating Day Cream was created by experts and is enriched with pure fruit waters, essential minerals and oligo-elements. Thanks to the unique Flash Distillation process, the pure fruit waters have retained the health-giving properties of their active ingredients. 100% pure and natural, the cream stimulates cell growth and keeps your skin supple and radiant for 24 hours.

I usually use my Olay moisturizer more often than this one. When I first got it, I wasn't too sure of it. It somewhat reminds me of Clinique's moisture surge. But it is moisturizing and kind of leaves a fresh glow. Sometimes I feel like I absolutely have to powder on afterward, otherwise this under foundation is great. It's good for summer as it's a lighter formula and hydrating throughout the day.

PÚR Night Cream

Enriched with certified organic extracts to leave your skin soft and smooth.
I get this from my local drug store, which Canadian drugstore, Shopper's Drug Mart. I was trying to find more information on PÚR products around the internet - and nothing. There's nothing on this brand, I don't know  what's up with that. But anyway, I really enjoy this one, it's rich and leaves my skin very smooth, supple, and hydrated in the morning. I use this every night.
Toner
Bontanics Skin Brightening Toner

Even after cleansing skin can look a little dull. This gentle toner sweeps away every last trace of cleanser and brightens your complexion while also working to refine pores and minimise excess oil.
  • Equisetum refines and tones
  • Dermatologically tested
I don't use this often at all, maybe a couple times a month. It was on sale and I didn't own a toner, so I got it. Whenever I just feel like I need that extra cleanliness, I'll whip this out with a cotton pad, and swipe it over my face.
Scrubs/Exfoliators
St. Ives Apricot scrub

Brighten Up. Your face comes first, and when it looks great, you do too. St. Ives Fresh Skin products - formulated from ingredients you know, like apricots, minerals and olives - give you the power to uncover your best you - naturally revealing fresh, glowing skin.
Invigorating Apricot Scrub
Exfoliates to reveal smooth, radiant skin
From America's #1 Scrub brand*, this award-winning Apricot Scrub deep cleans, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing.
Oil Free
Non-Irritating
Dermatologist Tested
100% Natural Exfoliants
100% Natural Extracts
Formulated without Parabens and Phthalates
Made without animal ingredients
Not tested on animals
I really like the grain in this scrub. It's just a medium-grain, not too thin, like those for everyday use, and not too chunky like body scrubs. Juuuust right! Some may find it a bit abrasive, but it works great to slough away dead skin for me. I use this 1-2 times a week for for a fresh, revitalizing glow. I would also like to try St. Ives' Moisturizing Olive Scrub as well.
Masks
Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask


Skin can become congested, but some cleansing masks dry out the face.
This rich clay mask exhibits a negative electrical charge to attract deep rooted impurities from the skin without over drying.
  • Burdock purifies and clarifies
  • Clay draws out impurities
  • Dermatologically tested

Burdock contains both antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which can work to purify and clear the skin. One extract delivering a multitude of benefits.
I usually use this once a week or every two weeks. I really like this mask. I've tried some others from St. Ives, not a big fan. But this one, really deep cleans, I love it.
Botanics Quenching Face Mask

This luxurious mask provides an immediate moisture boost so that after a single use your complexion is left radiant and smooth.
  • Rice Bran Protein conditions and restores
  • Honey adds rich moisture
  • Dermatologically tested

Rice Bran Protein: Countries like Korea and Japan have long used rice for beauty and skincare preparations, crushing the husk and grain to use in cosmetics and bathing. This extract contains proteins which work to bind in moisture.
I use this more often than the one mentioned about. At least once a week, if not more. You can either leave it on your face for a minimum of 15-20 minutes or leave it on for the entire night. Sometimes I'll dab it on a few dry spots and leave it overnight. It doesn't really dry to a hard, crackly mask like others do. This one, is a creamy, milky texture and dried to a smooth paste. It's hard to explain. If you leave it on longer, it will dry up more, but not hard.
Eye Treatment
Benefit's EyeCon

why we love it:
Our brightening eye cream fades dark circles and smoothes fine lines. Eyes look refreshed and wide-awake!
what else you need to know:
This amazing eye cream, with extracts of sweet almond, apple fruit and japonica leaf works wonders on tired eyes!
At this time in my life, I think this is the best eye cream for myself right now. I was using RoC Retin-Ox Multi-Correxion Eyes eye cream but I found it was a bit strong. I do have a few fine, fine lines around the eye area, at 21, but nothing too crazy. However,  I do want to take good care of my eye area now and possibly in the future, I may have to resort to a stronger formula. So, this eye cream is certainly hydrating, which is important to prevent wrinkles. I'll apply my facial moisturizer first, avoiding the eye area, then apply the eye cream. I do find it is brightening, but I can't really say if it truly has lightened my dark circles. I would like to think so, but honestly I can't tell.
And that's pretty much it! I have a few other products that I might use instead or switch it up on any given day, but the above is my general go-to for skin care.
M

No comments:

ShareThis