Saturday, January 2, 2010

Update! Happy 2010!



MIA much? My sincere apologies! December has been a rather busy month for me, what with the holiday festivities and a new job that I'm trying to do well at.

So, I hope that your holiday - whatever it is that you celebrate - was magical! My Christmas was great! It's becoming a tradition now, since my sister and her husband bought their house a few years ago, that they'll host a Christmas Eve party. And we invite everyone, friends and family. We had finger foods,  drinks (mmm, tequila sunrise), played games, and good times all around. It's probably my favorite thing about the holiday, our Christmas Eve party.

My sister went to bed at around 2am and was up at 5am, ready to open gifts! I guess some things never change, lol. She's 6 years older than me but I think she's very much a kiddie at heart around Christmas time. Luckily, this year, she let us sleep in until 7am (she called me, my mom, and step dad, then we all drove over to her place, that's where my family and I open our gifts, is at my sister's; we all live away from each other in the same city). Needless to say, after the gifts were opened, we looked and played a little with what we got, and after we had brunch, I went home and took a long nap. Then, my mom made a delicious turkey dinner for the family, some friends, their spouses and kids. There were 14 people in total.

I'll share a little bit of what I received in gifts, starting with my Crock Pot! I had mentioned this in my wishlist post earlier. Yippie! And I also got a few games to add to my collection! Including the Wow version of Cranium, Scrabble, and What's Your Like? I got a book that was also on my blog wishlist, Half Broke Horses. And I got a really nice surprise gift from my mom: a Wii! I was not expecting that at all. I love it! My sister and I exchange stockings, so I also got a bunch of really neat, cute, useful, and pretty things! Perhaps I will feature a few of those goodies in some upcoming posts!

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a month end favorites. I might. I should. If I do it'll be posted later on today or tomorrow.

I also hope you all had a fun and safe New Years Eve! Whether you went out with friends, to a house party, or perhaps stayed in like your good 'ol homebody self, Happy New Year! I went to a friends after work - but get this! I got off work at 12 midnight!! Wtf, I don't know. Whatever. It was still a fun night. We played I've Never... A drinking board game.

So if 2009 was fantastic for you or maybe a rather regretful year, I just hope 2010 will be so much better! I want to make this year a productive one for myself, I've got to get things done in my life! I'm almost 22 years young, and it just seems like time is flyin' by.

I've gotta jet for now! In the new year we can expect more regular posting. Yay!





Happy New Year!






M


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey happy new year and thanks for your comment!!

I did a google and found a 'where to buy' list for lee stafford here...
http://www.leestafford.com/uk/products/whereby.php

HOWEVER it seems that the products are mostly exclusive to Boots store which i didnt even realise! Do you have Boots in Canada?? Otherwise i dont know if any of the other places it lists for different countries would ship to you, lets hope so!

I havent purchased any of the products online before so havent got anywhere i can recomend to you and Boots say they only ship to UK :( sorry i couldnt be much help x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! Happy New year!

Beautygirl24 said...

Happy New Year!

Cheryl♥ said...

I tagged you on my blog!!! <3

ShareThis