Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Makeup Storage, Lack Thereof

Lately I have been watching YouTube videos and reading blog posts displaying how individuals are storing their makeup collection. And I have been taking some notes.

As of right now, I am so unorganized with all my stuff. I could never do a post about how I organize my makeup or storage because it's just a big 'ol mess. I've been living with my boyfriend for about a year now. And just the other day I brought some more things over, like my bed. But my makeup vanity/table is still at my mom's place. I've pretty much dominated the bathroom.

Soon enough my bf and I will be re-organzing everything, bringing out stuff together, and his house is a bit unfinished so we'll be painting and decorating as well.

So the past year or so I have been doing my makeup in the bathroom, which there i sufficent lightening. But everything - makeup, face cleansers, moisturizers, hair products, etc - are messily scattered all over the counter, in the drawers, the medicine cabinet, and underneath the sink. Which really is not good because sometimes I forget about my coastal scent palettes under the sink or my bare Escentuals bronzer behind the medicine cabinet.

Truthfully, it's not just my makeup that needs to be organized, I have a lot that needs to be organized and cleaned up in my life. Including my clothes, shoes, perfumes, jewlery (I have a pretty nice jewlery box my mom gave me a few Christmases ago, but the inside should be sorted... and organized! If I didn't say that word enough already).

So in the meantime, I've been getting some ideas from these lovely ladies!

YouTube






Blogs






My dirty blue makeup bag with things I use most often



A travel roll stuff with a bit of makeup...



...Which usually hangs on the back of the bathroom door



I should probably get rid of some expired mascaras



A Hollister shopping bag in my closet...



...With some more makeup



Underneath the bathroom sink is another bag of makeup, CS palettes, & a bare Escentuals kit

Later on, once we've "renovated" the bedroom and it looks pretty, I shall do a makeup storage/collection post (not much of a collection). I'll try to take before and after photos, too.

Thanks for reading & have a wonderful day! Muah!

M

11 comments:

Beautygirl24 said...

Don't worry Monica, you'll get everything sorted out! I used to have the same problem until I threw out A TON of old makeup, and got a vanity. I am subscribed to the same youtubers as well, and they do offer a lot of great ideas. I think maybe in the next month or so, i'll show my vanity on my blog. These posts really are going around, and I want to join in even though my vanity isn't that special or anything ;) I feel like organizing is a never-ending process!

Nicole said...

tiffanyd's makeup storage is insane!!

Anonymous said...

After watching the first few YTers show their collections I felt like mine was so pathetic and crappily organized. . . however I'm slowly finding storage things that I like. I think it's just a big process that we all need to accept takes time. I can't even store stuff in my bathroom as I have a pedestal sink meaning no counter space. I can't wait to see your finished set up!

ZANAH said...

Great post... thx for sharing! :) Mon Mode Blog

Musicalhouses said...

I totally need to organize my stash too...It's getting way out of control!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Travel roll is the best invention I think~
xo

Ashleigh said...

I like that travel hanger idea!

Brad Fallon said...

Ugh, I agree with everything you're saying but I loathe organizing!

Tessa said...

Hi :)

Amazing blog you got there! I love it :D
So that's why I'm a new follower :)

Maybe you can follow me back and visit my blog and leave some comments? I would like that :)

Http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

Ashley Marie said...

I awarded you the versatile blogger award! :)

http://blushandbloom.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

Lovera | Your Way to Radiant and Beautiful Skin said...

I like your blog full of information thanks for sharing this to us :)keep more posting :)

ShareThis