Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mac Haul: Warm & Cozy

I indulged myself in a few new makeup goodies, specifically from MAC Cosmetics. Everything I got - which is not a lot - is mostly from the Warm & Cozy collection, one thing from Love Lace, and nothing from the All Ages, All Races, All Sexes. And as for MAC in Lillyland, I'm really liking a lot of stuff in that collection like the lipgelees and the cremeblend blushes. If you're getting anything, let me know what and if you have already, how it is?




I got three eyeshadows in the limited edition colors of Warm and Cozy: Chamomile, Modelette, and Mulled Cider. I didn't get Embark because I have other dark brown shades that are similar. I did use all three shadows yesterday to put together a very basic, everyday neutral look that I wore to work. I've been wearing these shades for a good week now, and I'm really loving them! I especially like Modelette, a warm mid-tone caramel, as I don't own anything like it.



L-R: Chamomile, Modelette, Mulled Cider





Dreadful swatches

Then I got the Mineralized Skinfinish in the color By Candlelight. It creates a really nice glowy, highlight effect on the cheekbones. It's a shimmery pink with gold veining. I love the color combo, especially because I don't have anything like it. That's just because I only own Cheeky Bronze when it comes to MSFs. I usually stay away from anything with gold in it, I'm not sure why. I think it has to do with my taste in jewlery; I don't like yellow gold, but I like white gold, therefore, silvery colors. I guess. But I am totally happy with this and what it does for my fair-medium skin! It just produces a really nice warm glow. And I will not shy away from goldy colors from now on.



MSF in By Candlelight





Attempt to Swatch this MSF

The last thing from the Warm & Cozy collection I got the nail laquer in Blissed Out. I wore it a couple times (I'll take pictures when I have it on again and post it). It's a really light peachy-nude shade. And it's a cream, so it applies quite nicely, no streaks, and a decent opaqueness after two coats. It's like "my nails, but better". It's simply natural and makes for a very polished look. It is a bit sheer so I would want to use two coats for sure. And it dries amazingly fast! My nails were completely dry within 5-10 minutes after my second coat. The one thing I hate, is waiting for my nail polish to dry.



Nail Laquer in Blissed Out

And finally, I got a lipglass from the Love Lace collection, Icescape. It's a sheer pale pink pearl. If you don't enjoy the pearlized or frosty  shades on your lips, you may not like this.



Lipglass in Icescape

Oh yes, and I also got a MSF Natural in Medium Plus. I should have just went with the shade Medium (which I had and used it all up). That's always an error on my end, is that I often think I have just a bit of a darker skin tone than I actually do. Admittedly I am pale and wish I were just a bit darker. But the Medium Plus will be fine for spring and summer.



MSF Natural L-R: Medium, Medium Plus

C'est tout for now! I shall be back with a couple of reviews from L'Occitane and, of course, Lush.  And maybe a few other posts including some tags, perfume and nail polish collections.

M

9 comments:

Beautygirl24 said...

You got a lot of great things! i really like the modelette e/s...but I'm trying to be good since I have bought a lot of new makeup recently! By candlelight also looks so pretty. It's been sold out at every MAC counter I have been to!

lorien kate said...

Great haul!! x

J-ezzy said...

I love hauls, especially MAC!!!

I bought a few items (not sure if you saw my post)

I swatched the nail polish you bought and mines peeled off the same day :( I suppose it was due to the lack of a base, double coat and top coat, right?

You are going to LOVE By Candlelight (I've been using it all the time!!)

xoxo

Emily said...

Great haul! I haven't been on a MAC 'haul' for a while. I only bought By Candlelight but I love the look of Mulled Cider and Blissed out!
I have medium plus too but never use it! xx

Nicole said...

nice haul ! the lipglass looks so pretty !

Anonymous said...

i love mac products
these look superb!
thanks for sharing as always
i really love your blog, keep it up!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Emilie said...

I love MAC products!!!
Emilie

The Sparkly Poo said...

Ooohh, great haul. I like the nailpolish and I'm just like you, waiting for nailpolish to dry is the WORST. Please follow me??? Much love xxx

Anonymous said...

Great haul! I love the eyeshadows. I'm really into the neutral matte eyeshadows, they're lovely. :) loving your blog btw! Followed xxx

frailheartsofhope.blogspot.com

ShareThis