Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hair Care: Protect Your Hair Against Heat 2 in 1 Review




In keeping with the "theme" of my previous post, hair care, I will share with you the heat protectants I'm currently using. I try to use heat minimally but I will always use something to protect my strands. Note: I will spray a nourishing de-tangler (like that of John Frieda's), air-dry about 80% of the way, and finish with a blow dry.



What I typically use on wet hair - beacuse it is a silicone serum - is Cherry Bomb, 'your blow drying buddy'. I love its sweet smell of cherries, like candy. I'll use about a quarter-sized dallop - for shorter hair you wouldn't need as much, I have long hair - rub it on both hands, and smooth throughout my damp hair. I'll blow dry it & then curl or straighten. Sometimes I don't add anything else after the blow dry, before I curl/straighten my hair. And then sometimes I may add just a tiny bit more or I'll use the Toni&Guy spray on the ends after its dried. But I try not to ruin the smell of cherries with the Toni&Guy mist. The Cherry Bomb does work great for me, it leaves my hair smooth and shiny.

You can find the Cherry Bomb exclusively in drugstores or beauty boutiques. I searched around the net, in case you were interested, and only found the one place to buy it online. Unfortunately.  But check out your salons and beauty boutiques.




Next up, from the drugstore, is TONI&GUY Protein Protection Mist. This is about $8-$11 (CAD) at the drugstore. I have to say, I'm not a fan of this product's scent. It's kind of gross. It smells like a man's cologne. I don't want my hair smelling like that! I rarely use this because of that one factor, its disgusting fragrance. If you use this, your hair will definitely  reek of the scent long afterwards. But the stuff works. It doesn't leave my hair shiny or smelling as lovely as the Cherry bomb.



My Verdict? Cherry Bomb = YAY. TONI&GUY = NAY.


Other heat protectants that do the job well:

Redken Satinwear 02 Ultimate Blow-Dry Lotion
TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray

I hear these are good too:

CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray

Have you tried any of those mentioned above? How do you feel about the product?
What is your favorite one to use?

M

No comments:

ShareThis