Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hair Care: John Frieda Root Awakening Health Kick Detangling Spray



I've been using this product by John Frieda for about a good month or more now and I just had to share this with all of you.

This is going to be a product rave for the Root Awakening Health Kick Detangling Spray. I got this one, along with some other John Frieda products (a mousse and curl spray), because they were on sale/promotion at my local drugstore for a little more than 50% off. John Frieda products are pretty good quality but are a little more on the expensive end for a drugstore item.  I've tried other leave in detangling products, including the Sleek & Shine Leave In Conditioning Cream from Garnier Fructis which didn't cut it for my hair. The Root Awakening Spray is about $10 regular price (CAD) and similar products, like the Garnier Fructis, is about $3-4 (CAD). So, I got the spray at a great price but I would absolutely pay full retail value for this (but I'll still look out for the sales and stock up then, because that's just me).

First of all, the texture of my hair is rather course, dry, and dead-looking. It's not curly but it has a bit of a natural wave. And I've only dyed my hair twice in my lifetime. My sister once said to me "I wish I had dead hair so I could do stuff with it, mine's too healthy". Lol, Thanks, Sis! My sister really does have silky smooth hair. And I wanted my hair like that! Funny how we always want what the other one has. I tried all sorts of different things with my hair, but this Root Awakening has truly done it for me.

Claims: Nourishes & protects from roots to ends for healthy-looking hair; with heat protection. With natural Eucalyptus. Health Kick Detangling Spray, with vitamins, nourishes hair from roots to ends from dramatically silkier, more manageable hair.

I notice now  that my hair is actually silky, shiny, and smooth to the touch. Albeit, it's been a month but I see the difference now! My goal with my hair is to grow it as long as I can or down to my bum and to achieve this I am air drying it more often and using as little heat as possible. However, once my hair was air-dried, it was so frizzy and course. Not pretty. So I always carried a frizz cream to smooth it down.  But with this spray, I think as long as I use it regularly, I won't have that problem. So far, so good after a month.



I spray this all over my damp hair, focusing on the ends. Then I rub it in and through my hair with my fingers. And then I let it air dry. If I am going to style with heat, I'll air-dry it 80%. The spray is from the line Root Awakening, which comes with it's matching shampoos and conditioners, but I didn't use those. I just stuck to what I was already using (Yes to Carrots and Herbal Essences). The spray also has a nice scent, but if you're sensitive to fragrances, I might steer clear. Although, It's not overly strong.

My Verdict? It works. Well, it worked wonders for my dry, course, frizzy hair! I'm very pleased with this product. Therefore, after I've finished the bottle, I'll be going back for more. FYI, I still have half a bottle left of product (bottle is 175 ml) and I've been using this for a month on my long thick hair. Not too bad. I would recommend this if you suffer from the same hair type as I do.

If you have already tried this out or you plan to try it out, please let me know what you thought and how it worked for you.

Thanks for reading! And have a good one!

M

No comments:

ShareThis